Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet PC Requirements:
Intel Pentium D processor or equivalent, 2GHz or faster
- Recommended: Intel Core I5 or better
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 ("Home" versions are NOT supported, must be professional or ultimate version)
- Recommended Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
2 GB RAM
- Recommended 3GB or more
150 MB available disk space
- Recommended 1GB available space
1024 X 768 SVGA monitor
Ink Jet or Laser Printer
Gigabit network connection or WiFi using 802.11g or 802.11n
Tablet PC Recommendations:
The Tablet PC comes in two basic forms: The Slate style (no attached keyboard) and the Convertible style (attached keyboard) both of which work equally well with Medly. It has been our experience that Medly runs most effectively on any Tablet PC with an Intel processor including: Pentium 4, Pentium 4-M, and Centrino brands.
Medly does work with Windows 8 as long as it’s a full version of Windows, e.g. Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise. In addition to Windows 8, there's a new version of Windows called Windows RT that runs on some tablets and PCs. This version of windows does not work with Medly.
Also be aware that some scanner and printer drivers are not yet available for Windows 8 by the device manufacturer.
Internet Minimum Requirements:
Cable or DSL or better Internet connection.
Medly Professional requires a dedicated server system.
Intel I5, Xeon, or Itanium processor, faster is better
- Recommended: Xeon or better with multiple cores
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2012 ("Home" versions are NOT supported, must be professional or ultimate version)
- Recommended Windows Server 2008/2012 64 bit
4 GB RAM
- Recommended 8 GB or more
6 GB available disk space
- Recommended 12 GB available space, or more depending on the size and number of practice databases.
- Recommended to use separate hard drives and controllers for improved response with large databases or mulitple databases. Best practice is 4 logical or physical drives and 4 controllers to provide dedicated storage for 1)operating system and program files, 2)temp database, 3)database files, and 4) transactions logs.
- Recommended to use RAID level 1 for the operating system and programs, RAID 10 or RAID 5 for the temp database, database files, and transaction logs.
DVD drive required for installation media
Click here for complete details of SQL Server Standard edition requirements from Microsoft